Search This Blog

Friday, September 4, 2015

30 day OC challenge- Romeo Conti

found on Pinterest

So. I've attempted to do a 30 day drawing challenge at least once before. However, due to varying factors(such as- my lack of drawing ability at the time, my lack of any sort of deadline keeping ability at the time and a terrible horrible very bad webcam,) it was a major fail. I don't remember how far I got, but.... I also have attempted a couple of those Pinterest ones where you pin your favorite things from a given fandom, or post an outfit a day,but-blah. Failed those too. Besides how on earth are you supposed to pick-for example-your favorite Disney hero? I mean if I had to I'd probably go with Rodger Radcliffe as he is pretty perfect, but still. But that's only because Wall-E probably doesn't count, in which case they would tie. 

ANYWAYS enough rambling. The point is that, as of yesterday(which was 3 days late since I was trying for the month of August but oh well)-

I FINISHED A 30-DAY DRAWING CHALLENGE!!!!!

So without further ado-

Romeo Conti- age 19(ish), Male, Sicilian. Lives in Chiaro, Sicily(which by the way is a fictional place.). His cousins come from America to visit him and his family, and the rest is history.
Day 1- Bio sketch. You probably can't read the notes, so I guess I'll type them.
Despite how he looks, he's extremely intelligent. If only he'd use it...
Bright Glasses, signature spiky black hairstyle, talented singer, muscular physique(a great pride), his fashion sense is basically non existent, at least to onlookers. But he actually is fairly fussy about his messy(on purpose) appearance. He loves flashy shoes. Well, actually flashy everything.
Day 2-color portrait
Day 3-eating his favorite food-sushi. He has a lot of food allergies which limits what he can eat.
Day 4-cosplaying my favorite character-I had to go with Marius Pontmercy from Les Miz... He's not necessarily my favorite but then I don't really have favorites. He just seemed like a good choice.
Day 5- a 15 min. sketch, I did it from reference.*see note at bottom of post marked with asterisk
Day 6- In evening wear
Day 7-sleeping(that ones really awful:/)
Day 8-Playing a sport, tennis.
Day 9-street style, His typical hair and bright glasses, bright plaid shirt, big watch, distressed jeans and favorite sneakers, of course.
Day 10- favorite animal. I thought about it for a while, because I knew it had to be something weird. Then I hit upon a duck-billed platypus! They are so smashed together and cute and also very unique. It was very fun to draw and I think it turned out adorable:3
Day 11- at the beach. 
Day 12- In Kigurumi- I had to search this one. I had a vague idea it was dressing up as an animal, but these huge sleeper things are awesome! And very him-ish. I did the flying squirrel because it was JUST SO CUTE. My mom said "He looks like a little boy." and he does. Also his legs are too short even for himself.(He's very short.)
Day 13- Favorite season which is summer.
Day 14- with a weapon. He looks amusingly like my dad when he was younger. My mom agrees, Of course Romeo looks a lot like my dad anyways...
Day 15-on a bike. In the notes I put that I'm not being very faithful to the daily idea, and I wasn't. I kind of did these in bursts. But I did them all and that's what counts. Next time I will try to be more daily, and the time after that better still, so eventually I might succeed fully.
Day 16-without glasses. :3 I just used a total ref. for this, I wanted it to be good and anyways.
Day 17- Angry, but he really looks more disgusted.
Day 18- Happy. Looks sheepish.
Day 19- Scared. I don't even know. He looks more appalled.
Day 20-Sad. And I think at this point he's just disgusted with me  at the other 3 horrible attempts. He's saying, "Seriously, Nina? You can't even draw me sad? And I'm cuter than that when I smile, too..." Me- O-O "Sorry..."
Day 21- Daily activity, playing the piano. He's very very VERY good at it.
Day 22- running. I actually used a photo of captain america I found online for pose ref haha. 
day 23- in a school uniform(Japanese style). Romeo:" I have no idea why I'm wearing this. But I'm rocking it, of course."
Day 24-with a pet, his girlfriend/wife, Violetta. She's reallllllly annoying and I don't know why he likes her other than that she's a model in looks.
Day 25- what he does best- singing(at church) I pretty much copied a ref. for this and added the background.
Day 26-reading. Ref. and thanks to Ryn for posing for the hands and arms lol.
Day 27- playing a video game. From ref. and thanks to my younger bro for informing me on the fact I originally had the hands too far apart. I never play video games and actually neither does he but what and ever.
Day 28- listening to music.
Day 29(mistakenly mark 28 again)- with me <3 used ref here too, I guess I was getting a little lazy. I mean I used ref. for most of them but here I was basically relying on it.
And Day 30- my choice. I did him doing a funny/kissy/goodbye face and peace sign for no reason.

SO THERE YOU HAVE IT!
I'm pleased with it. I can see the faces improving as I go along, whether that's from using more ref. down the line or not, I don't know.

*Where I used ref. it was found online, either Pinterest, google or Twitter. Also, a singer by the name of Piero Barone, of the band Il Volo, is Romeo's inspiration and face. Although, in character he has deviated quite largely and in various ways, so if you ever read/see this Piero don't be... too offended by the undeniable oddness(but inimitable awesomeness!) of the character you (at least mainly) inspired XD

Tell me what you think! Critique is as always welcome. And if you've ever done one of these challenges, I'd love to hear about it!!!

\I have a few more posts planned in the near future, such as some short stories I'm working on, some more art ones and who knows what else. I'm working on an online college class this semester, but it shouldn't cause the posting to be any more far between than normal!

As always thank you so much for reading. I do hope you enjoy what I post even if it is quite random.
I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!
Nina

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you for finishing a 30-day challenge! That's definitely a big accomplishment. :D I think my favorite is #25; you did a very nice job on the proportions. I really like how you've thought a lot about small details, like the food allergies-it makes him so much more realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I feel the same:) Aw yes, I love that one... like I said I did pretty much just draw it straight from a photo so I can't take total credit:) Ah that is great to hear!! I'm always always always striving for realism in my characters, and people do say that a lot. It's nice to know I'm succeeding:) Thank you so much for commenting<3 neat profile picture, too!!

      Delete