Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Watercolor Tree-Class project

Hello! I decided to share a step by step of a tree painting I did over a month or so, in watercolor class. It is in Ravello, Italy. I'm not sure how many hours it took-maybe 6ish? I really don't remember! Anyways, here goes!

I did a wash first, which I didn't take a picture of:/ Then I started on this first layer. I started with the background, then the did the tree. I have the values mapped here, but they are not dark enough. I do have lots of colors.











My teacher helped me darken my values, particularly in the tree. I tend to be a bit scared of color and value- not punching either enough. I'm getting better though:) She also helped me a lot with the sky.



Here it is almost done. I worked on the buildings on my own first, but again, they are not dark enough, or detailed enough. Everything else is pretty much done though.





And its done! I finished the buildings in class. I also darkened the water, and added detail to the grass and the mountain. I am REALLY happy with this painting, its one of the works I am most proud of. I really really REALLY want to go to Ravello, Italy and see this location in person... someday:)

No comments:

Post a Comment