Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2015

excitement... and a random thing I wrote.

I just sent in my entry to the Oakton Foundation Visual Art Contest!! Wish me luck:) If I believed in luck ,which I don't. SO I guess pray for my success, that's better:) After the results are out, I'm going to do a post on the process I went through with my painting:)

That's it I guess... Here's a random thing I wrote to add a bit of interest to this otherwise rather boring post. I was just thinking 'It would be neat to be a statue',(which is an odd thing to begin with I suppose) but then I thought a little more, and this popped into my head... so if you're wondering, that's where this came from.

She stood on her pedestal, in all the cold white grace of her marble curves, and watched the throngs come and go, admiring yes, but transient. And none of them knowing that for ages all she longed for was the warmth of love's embrace. ~ H.D.



No comments:

Post a Comment