Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Purse Pattern

Well, everyone, I am sorry I haven't posted in so long:( Here is an original crochet pattern for you all to make up for it! It is a little purse for kids:) Fun fun fun! My little sister had me make hers brown like Flynn Rider:P


Little purse pattern
I used:
Red Heart Super Saver(on both)


Sportweight sparkly yarn of unknown origin:) On the first
and what I believe was Red Heart Soft(not sure on that either:) on the second one(pictured)
size M hook
large needle(not a yarn needle, as it needs to be sharp enough to sew fabric)
Fabric(at least the same size as your crocheted piece)
gauge-rows 1 through 5 should measure app. 6 in by 2 in
Hold 2 strands together, and work fairly loosely
Chain 25
Row 1--Sc in 2nd chain fr. hook, sc in every other chain across(12 sc)
Row 2--ch. 1, sc in next sc fr. hook,sc in each sc across(12 sc)
rows 3-30 repeat row 2. Fasten off. It should be app. 6 in by 11 in.
Cut a peice of fabric the same size as your crochet rectangle.
Put them right sides together and sew together, leaving one end or both ends open for turning.
Fold up edges with outsides together, and whipstich the edges(only the crochet, NOT the fabric. Turn so the fabric is on the inside, and stitch the last edge closed.
Add a button and way of closing(I used a hair tie), and a strap(I used a long crochet chain and stiched it to the sides, underneath the flap) and you are done! Mine both took about an hour or so(with interuptions). Hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment